Sunday, December 21, 2008

Las Vegas or Maybe Not


Tucker and I were suppose to go to Las Vegas this past Wednesday, however due to the snow here we were unable to go. Yes it finally snowed, just not close to me all I saw was rain, everything was packed, the car was loaded, traffic had been check (always wise when traveling in SoCal) and we were ready to enjoy a wonderful little vacation. We got on the road and not even ten minutes later the road was being closed right in front of us. So we headed back home to check for ways around the I-15. We would decide on one way than check the roads only to find that they to had been closed due to the snow. It is funny I grew up with snow and have driven in it several times and yet so many people haven't. There were reports of motorists sleeping in their cars on the interstate because it was ti slippery to get off. I just hope the had plenty of blankets and things to keep them warm. So sadly we had to cancel our trip to Vegas but we had a wonderful staycation instead.

No comments: