Monday, December 1, 2008

December

I love the month of December. In my mind it means some of my favorite things like snow, cold weather, baking, Christmas, tree hunting, wrapping paper, wrapping gifts, hot chocolate, Christmas ornaments, decorating, the list could continue but I should stop there.
I have numerous memories of bundling up and headed out to the tree farms to select the perfect tree. Know with nine children and a picky mother it always took awhile to find that tree we would walk all over the farm to the far back corners up and down the rows, looking back I think my parents wanted us to be worn out for the rest of the day. Once the tree was selected Dad would cut it down and he and my brothers would lug it back to the car and we would take it home, to decorate with in a day or two. Tucker and I went Christmas tree shopping on Friday and wow we found the tree in less than 10minutes. Of course out here if you go to the tree farms they don't really have a traditional pine tree they have cedar trees or Monterey pines which oddly enough reminds me of the tree in our backyard growing up. So sadly we had to settle for selecting our tree from Lowe's but at least it is a real tree and we didn't have to resort to an artificial tree. The tree isn't decorated yet because it is tradition to decorate the tree for Family Home Evening so we will decorate it tonight.

No comments: