Sunday, November 2, 2008

An Afternoon at the ER

I got home from church around 2:30 this afternoon expecting a normal quite evening while Tucker was at work. I turned on the computer and started making a snack forgetting it was fast Sunday when Tucker called asking if I got his message. No, why there has been an accident and I need you to look up an emergency room I will be home in about 15mins. My first thought was how hurt are you but than realizing if he was driving home first it shouldn't be too serious. He got home and I saw the blood pooling under his fingernail. So I drove him to the nearest ER and expected a nice long wait. He was able to see the doctor within an hour and after his X-rays the doctor came back not sure if he had broken his finger but he had split the nail bed and that was causing all of the blood. She had to remove his fingernail and stitch up the nail bed, the bleeding still would stop so tthey applied some special dressing to help with the clotting. After the finger was dressed the radiologist confirmed he had indeed broken his finger. The poor guy he was just trying to keep the door from slamming behind him instead he got his finger flattened, and he has me to chauffer him around for the next couple of days because he can't drive with the pain medicine the prescribed.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Zac said...

Yeah, broken fingers are no fun. I've lot nails before too, that's not pleasant either.

The best recommendation I can make is to be sure to do the Occupational Therapy. It helps a lot and you should be able to get most of the movement back (especially if there is no ligament/tendon damage like I had because of the surgery).