Sunday, October 5, 2008

Driving

So I have noticed a few people have mentioned bad drivers in their blogs lately. So I think I will do the same. While I consider myself to be a decent driver I have notice that out here in California I might be above average except when it comes to parking. I turn into the correct lane when turning and than proceed into the correct lane, however the norm seems to be, turn into whatever lane you need to be in even if you cross four lanes to get there. I am also grateful that it does not rain out here because if it drizzles sorry if water appears on your windshield you must immediately step on your brakes and drive no faster than 40mph for the rest of the drive. Now that I have complained about everyone else and their bad driving habits I can revisit my parking comment.

I think I must be missing the parking gene the time I had trouble on my driving test was trying to parallel park, to this day I will park a block or two away and walk if that means I can just pull into a space. I also have the hardest time trying to park my car in the garage, I have scraped my front fender trying to pull in, I broke my mirror backing out and I have even backed in someone in a parking lot or they backed into me since I was further out of the space than she was. Here are some lovely pictures of the scrape on my car and the space I have to park my car in. Also please notice the wonderful shelf Tucker built to provide a little more space because... yes it is small. I have always heard that parking is the easiest part of driving I however think it is the hardest part so either I am missing that gene or I need a bigger garage, because I can't get a smaller car. Oh and the lady that backed into me she didn't cause any damage, thankfully she was also driving a small car.

No comments: